There is lots of excitement during the day at the Richmond Hill Curling Club with over 70 members in our Day Ladies' section curling up to 3 days a week plus bonspiels and playoffs.
Monday is the Day Ladies' competitive "Skip Entry" league. Teams are formed in October and play together for the entire season. There are currently 16 teams that curl Monday afternoons at 1:00 with the occasional morning game at 10:00. We play for the coveted Day Ladies' Skip Entry Trophy.
On Tuesday mornings and Thursday afternoons we have "Draw Curling". Teams are drawn for a 7 week schedule which changes 3 times during the year. You may curl Tuesdays and/or Thursdays. There are lots of opportunities to play with or against many different curlers throughout the year. Playoffs determine the winning team for each schedule. We are grateful to our sponsors for the three Tuesday/Thursday trophies: Wendy's Rules Trophy (Wendy Maddin), the Hurst Bakery Trophy and the Oakridges Retirement Community Trophy.
Some of our members also participate in the Major League, Mini-Major League and/or the Inter-club League which gives them a chance to compete with teams from other clubs in the area.
Special Events to Remember
- Opening Spiel, luncheon & meeting - Monday October 2, 2017
- Warm up/training - TBD
- Tuesday/Thursday curling begins - Oct. 10 and 12 2017
- Monday Skip Entry curling begins - Oct. 16, 2017 10:00 am and 1:00 pm
- Christmas Spiel & luncheon - Wednesday, December 13, 2017
- Traveller's Double Knock Out Bonspiel -
- Top O' the Hill Invitational Bonspiel -
- Championship Day - April 7, 2018
- Closing Spiel, luncheon & General Meeting - April 9, 2018
- Card Party - TBD
- Golf Day - TBD
Special Dates to Remember
- Playoffs Session 1 - Dec 1, 2017
- Last day of curling for 2017 - Dec 18
- First Day of Curling 2018 - Jan 8
- Playoffs Session 2 - Feb 9, 2018
- No curling Family Day - Feb 19, 2018
- Playoffs Session 3 - April 6 2018
- Monday League playoffs - April 2, 2018
- President: Jennifer Kennedy
- Vice President: Shirley Lobel
- Secretary: Lynne Hoevenaars
- Treasurer: Chris Turner
- Games: Ro DeCarli, Cathy Morin
- Invitational Spiels: Joann Newman
- In-House Bonspiels/OCA Rep: Jennifer Kennedy
- Past President: Marlee Tolhurst